Chat Safety. it Starts with you!
You must take some responsibility for your actions on Royal Chat Zone. Due to the nature of the Internet, it would be impossible for us to tell every single user what he or she should be doing. We can only provide this information and hope that you follow them carefully. As a user, if you practice the safety tips below, you will prevent yourself from every being harmed over the Internet. Because kids and teens are more at risk and vulnerable to predators, it is important you follow the following guidelines.
Please read the following carefully whenever you do visit social networking or websites with chat communication functions or features:
Safety should not just be limited to this website. You are most likely using other social media websites and applications such as Snapchat, Skype, Instagram or Facebook. This would apply to all of those because they have the same risks. The fact is ALL applications and websites with kids are a potential target.
1) Only Chat with others around your age group. Do not talk to older overaged men or women who are not supposed to be in this room. Report them to a moderator or your local police if they are asking you to do or about inappropriate things. Do not continue to engage in conversation with any user who identifies themselves as being older than 19. They are potentially dangerous and we prefer that you report them to the police or one of our team members. Remember, you are under no obligation to talk to anyone in the chat rooms. If you are messaged by someone who is a few years out of your tolerance level, simply stop talking to them or place them on ignore if it makes you uncomfortable.
2) Kids are encouraged to participate in these chat rooms under the supervision of their parent/guardian. Be on your guard at all times if your parent or guardian cannot be with you.
3) Do not give out any of your personal information including your social media ID’s, phone numbers and email addresses. Keep your personal information private at all times.
4) Do not ever meet anyone in real life. That is extremely dangerous. Please do not ever do it no matter how much you trust the person you are chatting with. We cannot emphasize this point enough. Just don’t do it.
5) Do not use suggestive usernames or profile pictures. We do not suggest you use your real photo. Other users can use that to search for your other social media profiles online. It is best to choose a random picture as your profile avatar. Having said that, it is also against the rules to use another persons profile picture.
6) If someone is unexpectedly being flattering to you, be on guard. A predator may be using that as a trick to allow him or her to engage in riskier conversations with you.
7) Do not reply to anyone who might be bullying you. These people are just looking for more attention from you. It is not worth it to continue on a discussion. Report them to a moderator and put them on ignore.
8) Take scheduled breaks. Give your eyes and mind a rest. Do not spend too long in the same seating or standing position. Get yourself active. We do not recommend spending more than 30 minutes without taking a small break. We know sometimes things can be addicting. We recommend you have a timer or stopwatch to remind you of the breaks you should take.